12/28/09

Ho Ho Ho!






We had a wonderful Christmas. My dad came and picked Emma and I up on Tuesday so we could spend some extra time down in Pleasant Grove. It took us 3 hours to get there in the snow instead of the 1 1/2 hours it usually takes....fun times indeed! I offered to wrap presents for my mom cause she had to work. I might reconsider that offer next time. She basicaly buried me in a pile of toys for the grandkids. I wrapped from 1pm to 6pm. That's right! FIVE hours. I did a marvelous job though and I am pretty sure it was appreciated. My mom usually waits til late Christmas Eve to get the job done. This year our Christmas party at my aunts house was early so we were home hangin' out by around 7:00pm. It was unusual but lovely! We had a good time at the party and Emma had one last chance to sit on Santa's lap and make her requests. Of course our disk ran out on our video camera just as it was her turn...go figure. We got lots of pictures though. Emma asked for a mermaid and a pink soccer ball. She is a funny girl. She also asked for kitty earrings...this was a challenge...but Aunt Trisha came through and found some Christmas Eve. Emma was completely spoiled on Christmas and loved every minute.
My favorite gifts are my new down pillows...thanks Ike...and maternity pants from Trisha. My belly is super happy! Emma seems to love EVERYTHING she got. She has played with it all over and over. Callie and Bobbie got her a baby alive that poops and pees. I think Callie wishes it was her present! Emma slept with it Christmas Eve and played with it all day on Christmas. She loves it! We just came home last night from Pleasant Grove and found that Santa had left Emma a new dollhouse by our Christmas tree. It is HUGE! It comes up to my shoulder. She can't even reach the top level. Hopefully she will get lots of use out of this. So far it is her new house for Snow White and all seven dwarfs that she got from Grandpa Cashew. We were all very well fed...thanks Mom and Dad...and spoiled...again, thanks Mom and Dad. My parents favorite gift had to be Guitar Hero World Tour! Jake and Jamie, Maryn, and Ivan and I went in on this gift for them. As Maryn said, "it's the gift that keeps on giving!" I think they were surprised if nothing else. haha
Sunday was the two year anniversary of Joey's passing. It was a tough day. Christmas was hard for me also. We got a digital picture frame and decided to try it out. My dad put in a memory stick and the first pictures that played were of Joey on the four wheeler with all the kids. That brought every emotion to the surface. It feels like it has been forever....yet it feels like it happened only yesterday. Once again we are all grateful for this time of year to reflect on the birth and life of the Savior. It is such a comfort knowing that we can have a forever family. Yesterday we went and visited the cemetary. I like going there. Sometimes it is good for us to just take a minute to remember. I sure do miss him.
This year has been good to us. We are grateful for all that we have and are looking forward to the new year with all the adventures it has in store for us. A week from tomorrow Ivan has an interview in North Dakota. It is frightening and exciting all at the same time to think we might be taking this next big step in our lives. I am proud of Ivan and all that he has accomplished. He deserves a good job that he enjoys. I hope that we will find some answers. We are also looking forward to "Christmas" with the Mills family the end of January. We have an old school house rented that we are staying at and have some snowmobiles reserved. It should be a great time. I guess I will get to just sit back and watch the fun since I will be 8 months pregnant by then. We had a great time when we did something similar to this at Bear Lake a few years ago. Can't wait!

1 comment:

williamswildbunch said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! Can't wait to see everyone. I know I still need to send you some pictures. Our Christmas was great but we hated that we didn't see a single relative the whole Christmas vacation.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!