12/8/09

Thanksgiving










We had kind of a crazy Thanksgiving this year. Callie and her husband Bobbie came from Colorado to visit so we did Thanksgiving dinner with the Workman side. We had the usual fantastic dinner at Alenes house. I took Callie's family pictures on Thanksgiving, which was a little crazy, but we got it done. They turned out so cute! I was so happy to get to spend some time with Callie and Bobbie and the girls. I hadn't seen Callie in about six months since she moved away. I love that girl!

The day after Thanksgiving Ivan had to work so we headed back up to Corinne. The Mills family had a Pheasant shoot in Promontory that day. The boys and older kids spent the day out there and the rest of us met up with them for lunch. It was a fun day spent with the Mills'. I was just sad that Ivan couldn't be there. Emma had so much fun with her little cousins. They are all around the same age. That night we had to head back to Pleasant Grove. On Saturday morning my sister in law Jacky went through the temple. It was such a great day. We have had a lot of opportunity recently to attend the temple. We were able to go when my Aunt Debbie and Uncle Layne went through and were sealed in July. Then on our anniversary in August we attended the sealing of Ivan's cousin KC and his wife Wendy. I was able to be there last month in the Draper temple as my cousins Nikki and Ashley went through. Then we attended Nikki's sealing in the Salt Lake Temple. We had quite the experience that day. My parents were both there. I noticed as the sealer began talking that my parents were acting strange...more than usual. :) My mom pointed out that the sealers name tag read Don K. White. My dads name is Don Keith Barlow. He was named after one of the missionaries (Don Keith White) that introduced the gospel to my Grandparents in Georgia before my dad was born. We were all in suspense as we waited to find out if this was that same man. He mentioned as he began that his middle name was Keith...Daniel (the groom) also has the middle name of Keith. When we finished up in the sealing room my parents walked up to this man. My mom asked if he had served a mission in Moultrie, Georgia a LONG time ago. He responded that he had. My mom looked to my dad and said "this man is named after you. His name is Don Keith Barlow." The sealer looked at them and said, "Lincoln?" That was my Granddaddy's name. He remembered after 60+ years this couple that he had taught the gospel to. It was such a great experience for all of us to witness as my dad met his name sake and the man who was responsible for bringing our entire family to the gospel. I am so grateful that I have the gospel in my life. I can't imagine not having the knowledge that we can live together with our families forever. This time of year is hard in our family. We are coming up on two years since Joey passed away. I think the only thing that gets us all through it is our testimonies of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am grateful for the holiday season and the time we get to spend with family and to remember the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!