11/9/10

We moved...again!

We are finally all moved to our new rental house. Hopefully this will be our last move for a while. We feel so lucky to have found this house. There are a lot of guys working up here that are still waiting to find a place to live so that there families can move here with them. We heard from a friend that this house was going to be vacant and happened to be the first to call on it. It is a tiny little house but is on an acre lot. I think we will be investing in a riding lawn mower this spring! The kids rooms are upstairs in the attic. I painted the entire upstairs blue...including the ceiling which I painted clouds on. Emma wants me to paint grass along the bottom with some flowers. I am hoping to get a new vinyl machine for my birthday and will most likely do the flowers with that. Levi's room also has clouds and I am going to paint grass and bugs along the bottom. I am painting one wall red to make it look like a barn. I will post lots of pictures when I get it all done...so after Thanksgiving!
The house needed a lot of work done to it before we moved in. The owners put up all new siding and windows. Ivan helped out with that part. I had the job of painting the entire house! It makes me tired just thinking about it. I still have to finish painting Levi's room and the cabinets in the kitchen.
Emma was only here one day to help out. We pitched the tent in the office and let her have popcorn and watch a movie. She loved her little hideout and we loved that it kept her entertained.


Emma helped us paint one night and had a blast! She just kept making up songs and singing to us. If nothing else we were entertained!



We moved most of our things in last thursday just before Halloween. We are lucky to have a lot of great friends in our ward that were willing to help out with the kids. Emma has had lots of sleep overs! We still have a lot of unpacking and organizing to do...but it will all get done eventually. We had Halloween parties to go to friday and saturday night after we moved and finished up cleaning the trailer out on Halloween night. Then I had a craft show this past friday and saturday out of town so I had to do a lot of work to get ready for that. Ivan and I stayed up the entire night on Thursday getting ready and headed out at 6am. We were exhausted! The show went really well though and it was good to just sit and hang out together for a few days. We got home at midnight on Saturday night and had to get up for church the next morning. I have never been so grateful for daylight savings in my life! We really needed that extra hour of sleep! I have another show all day friday and saturday this week and am hoping to do an open house here at our new home next week. I am really hoping that life will slow down a little after Thanksgiving!
I am also putting a lot of time into my new calling. Right before we found out we were moving I got called to serve as the second counselor in our ward's Relief Society. I think it is going to be a really fun calling! We literally have at least one new family join our ward each week. This past week they read the names of 3 families. It is a little overwhelming but I am excited to get to know even more people! We got there right at 10 when church started this week and had to sit in the double overflow. It is crazy! Ivan is enjoying his calling as primary and scout leader for the 11 year old boys. His class has about tripled in size since we moved here. He has a boy with down syndrome in his class who really keeps him going! Ivan is so patient and works really well with the boys. They couldn't ask for a better leader. It is such a blessing to be living "in town." It is much more convenient to get to all of our meetings. We might even be able to get a babysitter one night and go on a real date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!