6/19/12

Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Barlow

My parents came at the end of the same week Ivan's parents visited. We had a great time with them at our house. The kids were so excited to see all of their grandparents that week.
We did a lot of the same things with my parents...but a lot less driving around looking at fields. :) We went to the McKay Seed plant and Ivan showed us around and explained what he does every day. I love hearing him talk about work. I am very proud of the man that he is. He works really hard to provide for our family and is so smart!


We ate more really good food! My dad loves pecan pie. I have never made a pecan pie and don't really enjoy it and I know that it would never compare to my moms pie if I tried. I found a recipe for a pecan cake so my mom and I made that together. It. Was. Amazing.


After we visited Ike's work we stopped by the park in Rosalia so the kids could get out of the car for a minute. Grandma and Grandpa are so good about playing with the kids. We had a good time.
 
 



The kids had fun just hanging out at home as well. Emma got to show off what a great reader she is.
We had robin nest in our hanging basket. The week all the grandparents visited is when the eggs hatched! Probably the grossest thing I have ever seen! haha The kids thought it was awesome. The baby birds were so nasty looking. They are just pink with hair. It only took about a week for them to get BIG and fly away. Nature is pretty amazing and I am grateful how much of it we have been able to enjoy in Washington.
Emma was taking gymnastics and Grandma and Grandpa Barlow were here for one of her classes. She had never done gymnastics before and I was amazed at what the teacher had them do! She did all kinds of flips and things. She was a lot out of her comfort zone in the class and had a hard time being brave but I think she enjoyed it.
Grandpa Cashew and a little monkey.
He is so patient with her.

Levi really likes hats.



Emma's turn on the balancing beam.

We are so grateful to have wonderful family on both sides. I was so glad my parents were able to come and spend a little time with us. My mom and I made some adorable pillows for Emma's bed. I love spending time with both of my parents.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!