5/28/09

Memorial Day











We had a great weekend...although it wasn't really the weekend that was great. Saturday I got to work all day making beautiful flower arrangements for Memorial Day. It was a VERY VERY long week! Saturday night when I got home from work my dad called and said he and my mom were coming up the next day and were bringing dinner! Sounds good to me! Josh and Trisha were supposed to come too, but Caden got sick at the last minute and they weren't able to come. :( So after my dad called we decided we had better clean our disasterous house! Emma and I had both had strep the week before so we needed to sanitize, it was a long night. On Sunday the power went out during church so everyone got out early! That was awesome until we went without power for 29 hours!!! I'm really not sure what people used to do before electricity! BORING! Luckily we have a gas stove top and were able to still cook dinner. We cooked the potatoes inside and my dad grilled our fabulous ribeyes outside. Great dinner! Thanks Mom and Dad!
After my parents left we went for about a three minute drive when Emma fell asleep. We decided that a nap sounded like a good idea....and it was! Three hours!!! Fantastic! It was just what we needed after last week. That night I read a book, played Tetris on my cell phone, and laughed as Ivan played the same game over and over on his laptop with Emma. We also watched half of Nemo, the battery finally went dead on the laptop. Then it was flashlight games. Emma loves to play with the flashlight. We all fell asleep late that night to me singing Little Bunny Foo Foo!
On Monday Jake and Jamie came up. We went and saw Night at the Museum 2. It was good, but not as good as the first. Emma fell asleep half way through...halelujah! We had a weinie roast that night and made smores. Dusty and KaDee stopped by and also Butch and Marjie. The next day Ike had to work but, Jake and Jamie, and Emma and I went fishing at Mantua Reservoir. We didn't catch anything but we sure had fun! We did get to watch the guy next to us catch lots of fish...hahaha! Emma got to pick out her own fishin' pole, which she loved, and she even got some sunglasses to match. Way fun! Can't wait to do it again. Oh yeah, we also got an ice cream cone on the way home!

2 comments:

Emily Shurtleff said...

Sounds like a pretty fun weekend. oh and I am soo glad you guys are over strep. That must have been awful!

Misty said...

Oh, how fun! She is definitely a little cutie!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!