4/15/10

Levi Joseph Mills










Levi was born March 2nd, 2010 at 12:36 am. He weighed in at 7 lbs 4 oz and was 19.5 inches long. Labor was not a fun experience and I don't plan on being induced again any time soon. It was worth it to have Ivan here though. It took them 6 tries to get my epidural in. That was misery! And after all that fun it quit working. They came in a couple of times to fix it which would only work for about 45 minutes. By time I delivered it was long gone and I was just itchy! REALLY REALLY itchy! I'm not sure what that was all about but it was terrible. They also had lots of trouble taking blood and putting in my iv. I had lots of bruises for a while there. My mom was able to be there for the delivery and I am so grateful that she was. I think she may have been the only thing that kept Ivan alive. haha After delivery the doctor looked at me and said "wow, you turned into a different person there for a minute!" Little does he know that that is the REAL me...tee hee. Levi is a cute little guy! He has lots of crazy hair and is the noisiest baby I have ever met! My mom said that she had never seen a baby that noisy in the delivery room. He wasn't crying or anything...he was just looking all over the place and making noises. Now he grunts when he stretches and is soooo noisy when he eats. My friend Mandy said it's like he takes two swallows and then has to tell you about it. It's pretty embarrassing at church! He is such a good baby. He has slept through most of the night...he usually wakes up just once to eat and then goes back to sleep. There has been the occasional exception to this rule though. Emma is soooo happy to be a big sister! She is a lot of help with Levi and is constantly letting me know what he needs. She likes to help change diapers..always knows where to find a burp cloth...and is sure that Levi is always starving! Coincidentally Levi thinks he is always starving also. He weighed 8 lbs at his two week appointment and is growing quickly. His two month appointment is coming up quickly and I am anxious to see how much he has grown. I guess we better hurry up and find him a doctor. Ivan was able to be here for Levi's birth and the few days after. He was here to get our house all moved to North Dakota. Then he was off to North Dakota for the next month! It was so hard when he left this time. I don't know if it was because I now knew how long a month without him really was...the fact that I now had two children...or that I was really really hormonal! Must have been a combination of them all. The night before he left my parents house he was packing up some of his things into his car and I totally lost it. It was one of those wonderful moments where I was laughing because I was that hysterical and knew that I was being ridiculous. It was hard to leave our house in Corinne. We have put a lot of work into it and never had the chance to finish what we started. We have a lot of great memories there and are really happy that Ivan's cousin KC is renting from us and is going to buy it. It will be great to keep the house in the family since Ivan's grandpa built it.

1 comment:

Christie said...

You have the cutest kids!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!