4/20/10

Our little trailer on the prairie...
















We are grateful that we found somewhere to live! We are living in a little 3 bedroom trailer on 18 acres. It has nice windows and has been recently painted. Before the kids and I got here Ivan repainted the office and the kids room more to our taste. The rest of the house is pretty neutral so it works well. We have a beautiful view of our "ocean of dirt" as I call it. I'm sure it will be really pretty this summer when something starts to grow. We are also looking forward to our lawn that our landlord promised us and are considering growing a garden. We are really going to need to get some sort of playground equipment soon to entertain Emma. She has been pretty bored hanging out in the house. She will be starting preschool in the fall which will be great. There is also a really cute park in Ray which is only 5 minutes away. We went there today and she had a blast. I promised her we could go for a picnic tomorrow and meet daddy. It has been nice to have Ivan so close to home. He doesn't have to leave real early and is home right after five. He also gets to come home for lunch everyday and has an hour. It has been a very nice new change to have him around so much....especially after being apart for so long. What else?...I don't really love the carpet in the trailer...it is blue and seems pretty worn. I did buy a new carpet cleaner though and am hoping to have all the carpets cleaned by the end of the week. When I get that finished we do have lots of rugs from our old house that are nice. I also plan on cleaning the furniture. Everything in our house seems really dusty. I know a lot of it was from the move...but when you live in an "ocean of dirt," and the wind blows constantly you have to plan on some dust. I have been dusting everyday...but it just seems to keep coming back! Crazy how that works. Our water...When we were on our way here from Utah I asked Ivan about the water situation. I knew we had a well...which we had in Idaho...but I was concerned about it for some reason. It might just be that we have kids now and your perspective seems to change when you become a parent. Anyway, Ivan assured me that the water was fine. When we got here I decided to give Emma a bath after our LONG drive before I put her to bed. I started the tub and went into the other room. When I came back Emma informed me that the water was yellow. YELLOW! I am so not okay with that. We called our landlord the next day and he came out to get a sample and had it tested. All of the levels are within the guidelines...but I still hate that my water is colored and has a smell. I think I will just have to get used to it as there is not much we can do about it. We shower in it and use it to clean but we are NOT drinking it. We have purified water in the fridge and are going through lots of bottled water. I think the water is really the only complaint that I have. I don't mind being in the middle of nowhere...and the people here are very friendly. Our ward is great and I see us making many fast friends. I am continuing to run Snapbandz and am excited to have the time to do what I want with it. With that, having two little kids at home, and Ivan still being in school, we are keeping just busy enough. Life is good and I couldn't be happier!

5 comments:

Misty said...

You have it looking like a home so fast! It looks great Barlow! I would freak out about the water too.. lol You are so good to be okay with all of the changes, you're one amazing woman! Good luck with living out there in your sea of dirt. Maybe one day we can come visit.

Lacey said...

I am going private so send me your email so I can send you an invite.

Emily Shurtleff said...

I am soo happy for you guys. It's fun watching life just come together. I totally get you on the water thing, we drink bottled water where we live because ours if from a well and taste nasty. I loved all your other post too. Glad to see you guys so happy.

Brandy said...

The weirdest part for me would be seeing no mountains!!!!! I love the little trailer on the prarie!!!!!!

Mills Family said...

I am glad you have made it a home. I have decided that no matter what, no matter where, families are meant to be together. Love ya.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!