4/20/11

General Conference


I can't believe I almost forgot to mention conference. Jake, Jamie and I were blessed to get to attend the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference. This was on Emma's birthday! Our Bishop had announced a couple weeks earlier that anyone interested in tickets for conference should talk to him after church. I was surprised that our Stake got any tickets. I knew I wanted tickets because I was going to be in Utah anyway. He got me 3 tickets and mailed them to my moms house because I was already there. We have such a wonderful Bishop and I am grateful that he does what he says he will do. He is a great man!
It was such a great experience. We had really good seats and they were super comfortable too! I was so impressed when President Monson walked into the room. There was a hush of silence and the spirit was so strong. Jamie and I couldn't hold back the tears. I have never been to a meeting in my life where someone had walked into the room and without warning or notice that many people were brought to silence. It was an incredible feeling. That feeling continued throughout the entire meeting. I enjoy conference and like to record it so that I can go back and watch it again later. I enjoy being able to kick back at home in my jammies to watch conference. But nothing compared to the reverence and spirit that is felt when you are there in person. I am so grateful for the experience and am happy that I was able to share it with Jake and Jamie. I hope one day Ivan and I will be able to go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!