6/11/10

Family Fun

On Wednesday Ivan had to go to scouts in Williston so Emma and I decided we would ride into town with him and go to see Marmaduke. For those of you who haven't seen the previews, this is a movie about a great dane who gets into mischief. Owen Wilson is the voice of this big dog. Emma thought the movie was fabulous. It was funny but I am really not into talking animals. haha The best part was at the end when all the dogs danced. She had seen this on the preview and had talked about it the entire movie. When we fist were walking into the theatre she told me that she left Koda and her baby mouse in the car. I said "well I guess it's just the two of us then." Then she started bawling! :) I had to laugh. The lady at the candy counter started to talk to her and then said, "maybe I shouldn't make it worse." I said, "She's fine. She's just upset that she left her imaginary friend in the car." The lady thought that was pretty funny. Then Emma picked sour patch kids for her treat even though I told her she wouldn't like them. We sat down and she put a green one in her mouth and started to cry. Apparently it was sour. We went and picked some runts instead. After all the drama we had a good time! There was just us and one other lady with her two kids in the theatre. It was fun to get out with just Emma. I think she needs some one on one time since Levi has joined our family and gets A LOT of attention. I was grateful that Ivan was willing to take Levi with him to scouts.


Last night we decided to make our own pizzas. Emma thought this was the best thing ever. She really like adding the sauce and the cheese...A LOT of sauce and cheese. We tried the pillsbury dough and the generic to see if there was a difference. Pillsbury definitely won this battle. The dough was sweet and sort of crispy. YUM! We also used fresh tomatoes, basil, mushrooms and green onions. We had to have pepperoni too of course. We tried a couple different kids of pesto also. They were a basil pesto and a sun dried tomato pesto. Both were delicious. Ivan really liked "the green one." Emma really loves to help in the kitchen and always seems to eat better when she helped make whatever we are eating.


4 comments:

Brandy said...

your a brat you have lost weight I knew it those pics are so gorgeous you butt!!!! You seriously look so good I guess if I want to win I'd better kick it up a knotch!! And now that shelby see's the pics of the pizza she's asking to make some LOL anyhoo looks like you've found a good helper in the kitchen and I love that Emma's upset you left Koda its so cute your going to miss it when she doesn't have Koda anymore !

Mills Family said...

your hair is getting so long!!! I saw something on the tv the other day about imaginary friends - it was saying that they are most common with kids who have experienced a very traumatic event. We all knew being a Mills was traumatic!!

Lincoln Farrell and Marilyn Barlow said...

Got to love the "M"!

Misty said...

You two look so cute! I love your pictures.. the imaginary friend story was too cute! lol

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!