6/22/10

Father's Day...

I really love Father's day. It might be because I have the BEST dad on the planet and my kids could say the same about theirs. These two men teach me so much! My dad....his helpfulness is bordering on crazy! I can't even begin to say how much he helped us when we moved. When we bought the Escape from him he put new tires on it, had it detail cleaned, new floor mats, tuned up and bought a dvd player to put in it for Emma. I bet no one else can say that about a used car they bought! :) My dad loves to spoil me and I know he does it to show me how much he loves me. I once mentioned that I wanted to buy some silicone spatuals. A few days later I had a package on my porch with Rachel Ray spatulas inside. Surprise packages are the best! The kids and I stayed for a month at my parents house after I had Levi. He took great care of us! He always loves to tease and have fun. Emma loves Grandpa Cashew. She calls him that because he always has one of those big tubs of cashews from Costco. Emma loves to "share" them.
We sent him a couple new shirts for Father's Day. In the package we included lots of candy. We printed out a tie on cardstock and Emma painted it with puffy paint. After he got the package we called him on skype. He was wearing one of the shirts and the tie! Emma thought it was hilarious and kept saying "Grandpa thinks it's a real tie that you wear." He is a fantastic Grandpa! In a couple weeks I am headed to Utah to visit. I just found out that my dad is worried about me driving alone with the two kids. I feel fine about it. I figure I can stop anytime I need and even make it a two day trip. I talked to my mom the other night and they are flying out here on the 7th. Then my dad is flying home and my mom is driving with me back to Utah. :) Maybe one day I will be all grown up and able to take care of myself...until then I will just enjoy being taken care of. I love you DAD!

Ivan is the best Daddy! Emma loves that with his new job he is able to come home and have lunch with us. He loves spending time with her also. He is really good with Levi too and is great about changing diapers and the whole deal. There are not a lot of men out there like this. I am happy that I have one in my life! Ivan is a really good sport and pretty much does anything that Emma wants him too. She loves to go outside and play soccer with her daddy. The best thing about Ivan is that he is REALLY patient. You could probably guess that seeing how he lives with me! For Father's Day I made a flip book for Ivan on Heritage Makers. I took pictures of it so I could share it with you! Emma helped me come up with reasons she and Levi love their Daddy....



















1 comment:

Brandy said...

your daddy is they best!! That book turned out awesome I love it I hope he did!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!