6/15/10

Ramblings and a few pics...

After church on Sunday I took some pictures for a friend of mine. Her little girl is just a couple weeks younger than Levi. She is super cute. She is as long as levi but not near as filled out. The pictures are on my Snapbandz blog if you're interested. A funny thing happened at church. There is a lady in our ward that just had her baby a couple weeks ago so she hasn't been to church. During Sacrament meeting she walked by our row. She stopped and looked at Levi and said "WOW! He is a big boy!" Yep. I know. I just thought it was funny that she went out of her way to tell me about it DURING sacrament meeting. I can't believe how many new babies we have in our ward. I can think of at least six that are Levi's age or newer. There is also a girl in our ward that is having her identical twin baby girls today. We have been told that there are 30+ new families going to move into our ward in the next couple months. I just don't know where any of them are going to live. We already have several families living in campers and hotels. I guess we were lucky to find a place to live. There are twin boys that are moving into the ward in July that will be in my primary class. I think that will make 3 sets of twins in our ward.

On Memorial day there was a little girl in our ward that got hit by a truck. She had to be life flighted to another hospital. She is in a cast now from her chest to her ankles. That would be MISERY! She has to stay in the cast for 4 to 6 weeks. She had to have major surgery on her pelvis. She is 6 and is in my primary class. Her family is pretty inactive and I had never met her. On Sunday they were at church. She is a beautiful little girl and it breaks my heart that that happened. They have her on a stretcher looking thing. They had to sit on the front row so they had somewhere for her. They left after sacrament meeting and I didn't get a chance to meet her. I talked to my class about it a little bit. We were talking about nice things that we can do for other people and one of the little boys said pray. We all decided it would be a nice thing if we would pray for Berlynn. I think I might have the kids color her pictures and we can send her a package.

After I took pictures of Kelly's little girl we stopped at the park for a minute before our long ride home. The ride home was extra long this time because Ivan decided to go the LONG way. It was a beautiful day though. I LOVE this new dress I bought for Emma. I had some new black flowers for Snapbandz and needed something to go with them. :) I can't believe how big Emma is getting. The other day we were having dinner and Ivan and I were having a discussion. Emma said "are you two gunna quit fighting now?" We just both had to laugh. We weren't fighting but I can see how she thought we were. I guess I need to work on being nice....we all already knew that though. :) Last night Ivan told me that when she said her prayers she prayed that "mommy would quit being mean to us." What the world? I was sooooo nice yesterday. We played and made puffy paint and painted pictures and made Father's Day packages to send to the Grandpas. We also had candy (from the packages) and she helped me clean the house. The only time I got mad was right before bed because she was being crazy and not getting ready for bed. Oh well. I guess I will have to see if I can be NICER today. haha





After a couple years now Ivan randomly decided to shave his goatee. When he came in and showed me I couldn't quit laughing. Then he went in the other room and I heard Emma say "you look like a potato now." She is a funny kid and he does kind of look like a potato! I put this story on facebook and Matt commented and asked if I remember when our Dad shaved his mustache and we all thought he was Uncle Farrell. It was scary how much they looked alike. We should be able to tell them apart though because my Dad wears glasses and has brown eyes and Farrell is the opposite.

Another funny story. The other day Emma saw a mouse!!! I HATE mice! I could hear her in her room crying. I went in and asked her what was the matter. She was in the corner and had tears rolling down her face. She said "there was a mouse in my shoe bin and it ran under my bed!!" Then she kept saying "yeah....and it's not the kind that is hard to see!" For some reason she has imaginary baby mice that are her pets. She was just making sure that I understood that she was talking about a real live mouse she saw...not a pretend one. It was sooooooo funny! She said the same thing when we called Daddy to tell him about it. A little while later I saw the mouse run down the hall and again when Ivan was home for lunch. We have been sanitizing like crazy! We have mouse bait and actually found one dead in the laundry room yesterday. Ivan found humor in the situation though. He said that it was behind the washer. When he pulled the washer out he saw a thing of pez that was chewed through and the little guy was dead right by it. Ivan said it must have been a pez overdose. haha I just wanted to know why there was pez behind the washer. They must have fallen out of a pocket or something.
Life if good and we are enjoying living here. The weather has been fabulous though....so maybe ask me again in a few months when we are snowed in and freezing!

2 comments:

barlowsinuganda.blogspot.com said...

Love the ramblings - Emma is beautiful and Levi is . . .big and . . . very very cute. So there!

williamswildbunch said...

cute stories. Tell Ivan I prefer the potato look. It makes him look more distinguished even if he does look like a potato.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!