8/26/10

Emma is in Preschool!

Emma started Preschool this Monday. We found a preschool for her to attend in Tioga. It takes me about 15 minutes to get her there. There are 10 kids in the class, seven of which are boys. She was pretty upset when I told her there would be girls AND boys in her class. She said she doesn't like boys. I explained to her that boys need to go to school to learn how to read too! That way when they grow up they will be able to read stories to their little kids just like her daddy reads stories to her. She is okay with it now.
She was pretty scared when I first dropped her off but her teacher said she did fine. She likes to just sit back and observe when she is in a new situation. She will warm up in a week or two and be herself. After the first day I asked her what she learned and she said, "I didn't learn anything. We just played." On Wednesday when I picked her up I said, "What did you do in school today?" She said, "it's not school, it's my castle and I'm the princess." That makes sense. The preschool is in a church that kinda looks like a castle. She said that she looked at a little girl in her class and they're friends now. Apparently it's pretty easy to make friends when you're four. As I'm typing this she just came up and told me that she's not a princess anymore...she's a queen because she has a crown. There is a crown sticker on her forehead. She is also singing that her daughter is her mom. I'm really not sure how that can work. haha Emma is a smart little girl and she is so excited to be going to school. She asked me everyday for a week if it was a school day today.


She will probably only get to go to this preschool for a couple months. We are going to move...hopefully to Williston. We got a notice on our door a couple weeks ago that told us that when our lease expires in February they are raising the rent from $750 a month to $1500. Wow! That is quite the increase. We figure if we are going to pay that much we might as well get a brand new apartment in Williston with a garage and clean water. We found some that are being built next door to our church. They are $1475 a month and should be finished in 8 weeks. We have our application in and are on the list. We hope to find out soon if we got one or not so that we can plan our move or find somewhere else. The housing here is out of control. Our checker at WalMart the other day told us that she has been here 2 years and her rent has been raised 4 times! They have opened up the park for people to "camp." Some of the property management companies we called wouldn't even put us on their list because they are so long. That is why our landlord can charge $1500 a month for a trailer in the middle of nowhere with rusty water. We also called on a two bedroom in Tioga that also has a loft. They told us they were charging $3000 a month because it sleeps 3 people. It is pretty insane and we are looking forward to having a house of our own in a couple years when we sell ours in Corinne. I think we have decided to build. I am excited for that project. I am already looking around to find just what I want. Who knows though...maybe we will find a nice house to buy when the time comes.
Here's a picture of the kids I took yesterday...just because. We are going to try this one again when it's not so sunny! The little rocking chair we got for free at a yardsale. I painted it black and am still looking for the right fabric for a cushion. Cute!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I love Levi's tummy showing its freak'n cute!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!