3/8/11

A Seusserific Birthday Party!

Levi shares his birthday with the magnificent Dr. Seuss. We decided that it would only be appropriate to party accordingly. My friend Tiff and I made this amazing cat in the hat cake. (At least I thought it was amazing.)

We attempted fondant but it turned into a big mess...I think the piping looks great anyway. The goldfish I sculpted out of gum paste. We made the cake out of rice crispies so that it would be strong enough for the original fondant idea. We also made cupcakes with blue and red frosting. On Saturday we had a little party at Pizza Hut with a few friends. It was way fun! Ivan thought I was crazy for doing a party for a kid who won't know the difference. I told him when you live in North Dakota any excuse for a party is a good one! :) Levi did have fun though. I was happy that he was feeling much better by saturday. We made some fun hats with the kids. They could either have a cat in the hat hat, or a thing 1 or thing 2 hair hat. They turned out so cute! Levi was not happy about the group picture...which I think makes it even better! The picture of Amanda and her boys was great though! It was her youngest little guys birthday that day...he turned four. When our party was done we got to go to his. It was a very fun and long day!





We gave Levi his own little cupcake to devour. He was loving it! At first he just held it up to his face like he was hugging it and at one point he was licking the plate! LOVE this kid!



Levi was VERY spoiled for his first birthday. He got a few more tractors, a hammer and peg toy and a hammer train toy. He was ripping the paper right open! He is so funny.


The kids had the most fun running around and playing with the balloons. We sure miss our family on days like this...but it's so good to have friends!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Awww he is so cute!!! I love love love the cake wow you did amazing and I love how much he's lovin his cupcake!! super duper cute!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!