1/4/11

Best welcome gift EVER!

My cousin Nikki had her first baby the day we got to Utah. I was so happy that I got to be there to see him. He is a beautiful baby and is so good. Emma was really excited to go and meet him too! Since I don't have any sisters and I am so close to Nikki and Ashley I decided I would call Kasen my "nephin"...a combination of nephew and cousin. I like it. :) They put him in this cute stocking at the hospital...



This was my first time driving to Utah with the kids alone. I decided to leave Sunday night. I drove to Billings and we stayed the night there. The roads were pretty snowy that night and I was grateful that BOTH my kids fell asleep at 7pm. That never happens and it made driving much more enjoyable. We slept in the next morning and then drove the rest of the way. The kids were so good! Emma is always an angel in the car and Levi was better than I expected. I came up with a fun idea for Emma on the drive down. I got a bunch of different bags and put a prize in each bag. Every hour or two I would hand her another bag and she could open it and discover the prize inside. Some bags had a snack others had a toy or stickers. When I pulled into Butch and Marjie's house I noticed what she had done with the stickers. Her entire door AND window were covered. At least she kept busy! We visited with Grandma and Grandpa Mills for a while and they shared dinner with us and then we headed to Pleasant Grove.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!