1/4/11

Christmas Day!

We had such a great Christmas. We made sure to talk to Emma about Jesus and the reason why we celebrate Christmas. She was excited to celebrate His birth. We are so grateful for the gift of our Savior and the time that we get to reflect on his birth and life and try to have a little more charity. While we were still in North Dakota making preparations for Christmas I decided to take Emma to WalMart and pick a name off the tree. She picked the name of a little girl who was 5 years old. She decided we needed to buy for a little boy Levi's age as well. We had such a good time, just the two of us, trying to pick things this little girl and boy would like to open on Christmas. Emma was really concerned about what color was the little girl's favorite. I explained that we didn't know that but she would probably like whatever Emma liked. We picked some clothes and pajamas and then hit the toy department. I was so proud of Emma. She picked out all these things for these two little kids and never once asked for anything for herself. She was so excited to go drop the things we had bought off at the courtesy desk. I am grateful for the opportunity to help others. I know that I have so much to be thankful for and so much more than I can give.
I was VERY surprised Christmas morning by a gift under the tree for me! Ivan and I had bought a new tv for our frontroom for our gift to eachother and later decided to exchange gifts Christmas morning but put a $50 limit on it. So I was really surprised and confused when I walked down stairs and saw a guitar with a bow on it under the tree! I have told Ivan each holiday and anniversary since we were married 8 years ago that I would really like a guitar to learn to play. He told me he figured if he made me wait long enough I wouldn't expect it. He was sure right! He even had it shipped to my cousin Trevor's house so that I wouldn't guess what it was. Matt's family had our name for Christmas and got us a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble so we went and bought me a couple guitar books. I am excited to learn...now if I can only find the time! Here is a pretty sweet picture of me...(One of Matt's boys picked out the glasses for Emma for Christmas...they were a hit!)

Ivan asked Matt what kind of guitar to buy me and he was a great help. That man sure can play!

I got Ivan a shirt and a few jackets and the kids each picked out a tie for him. I also bought him Jesus the Christ on CD that he can listen to while driving to work and back. We were completely spoiled by both of our parents as usual. The kids were ridiculously spoiled and had a wonderful time opening presents. My parents always make a HUGE breakfast on Christmas morning and everyone comes over including Grandma and Grandpa Workman. I love all the excitement as the kids show eachother what they got from Santa. Hailey is sure growing up. She is one smart cookie! She is the youngest in her second grade class and is reading 185 words a minute at 100% accuracy. She asked Santa for a microscope for Christmas. She spent the whole day collecting different things to look at under it. Caden got a glow station and Emma asked Ivan Christmas night why Santa hadn't brought her one. We told her that she hadn't asked for one. Maybe for her birthday. :) Matt's kids all got spongebob snuggies with their names across the chest. They all came over wearing them and kept them on most of the time they were there! I love Christmas.



Emma got the doll she wanted and some great dress ups from Santa. Grandma and Grandpa Barlow also got her 6 pair of princess dress up shoes that went great with the dresses from Santa. Levi was way more interested in opening presents than I thought he would be. He really likes to eat paper! He had fun playing with all his toys and is always happy when Emma is happy and excited.
Here is Abby and Miss Emma playing dress up. Later Emma was singing a song about people coming over to play with her dress ups and she really hates when that happens. She really did try to share though. ;)



Grandma and the two little guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!