7/13/11

Utah!

The kids and I headed to Utah the tuesday after Russ and Janelle had visited. The 16 hour drive seems to get easier everytime. Levi had woken up extra early that morning, so once we got on the road he slept for about 2 hours. Later he was super mad and ready to be out of the car. I gave him some benadryl which worked like a charm. He slept for about 3 hours then we stopped for lunch. After lunch he fell asleep for another 3 hours. It was divine! Emma is always good in the car and just colored and watched some movies. Levi still slept well that night and was so excited to see Grandma and Grandpa Barlow and be out of the car.
The next day the kids had fun playing in Grandma's back yard.






That night we got to go to my cousin Nate's wedding reception. My parents just bought a brand new van so we all got to ride in that. Jake and Jamie came too. Grandpa and Jake were really excited to sit in the back with Emma and watch a princess movie. The van they bought is a VW. My dad said it has a Chrysler engine and was built in Canada. Kinda funny. It is way nice though and has 3 dvd players. The windows on the doors roll up and down and they have a built in screen on the windows that you can pull up. You can also download your pictures and music right into the van. There is a touch screen in the dashboard where you can play music, look at pictures or watch a movie. It's pretty incredible.

It was so fun to see some cousins I haven't seen forever. My Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Farrell are on an LDS mission in Uganda right now so they had them on Skype. Isn't technology amazing? It was the middle of the night for them...but I'm sure they wouldn't have missed it for the world. They even moved the computer into the other room for dancing. Nate has a band so they were the "wedding band." My cousin John gave a very nice speech and then Nate sang a song to his new wife Eliza. Those Barlow's really know how to party! This first picture is one I took of the Groom's Room. These cousins were just hangin out in there. They said they didn't want to go downstairs because all the girls wanted to dance with them. :)




Here are a few pics I took of the reception center. My cousin Mark's in laws own this place. It is gorgeous! My Aunt Marilyn did the upholstery in the bride's room. VERY nice!




1 comment:

Brandy said...

Wow you such a busy woman!!! I am lovin all the pics. ur munchkins are getting so big!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!