4/25/12

Soccer

Emma started soccer a couple of weeks ago. The first day was pretty rough because she was soooooo nervous! She mostly just stood on the field with her arms folded and her head down. On the day of her second practice she saw one of the little boys on her team at school. He asked her if she was excited for soccer that night and if she was going to play this time. She told me that she had told him, "yes," and I said that she better do it then. It went so much better! She was still nervous but she ran out and did most of what the couch told her to. She has a husband and wife team for coaches. They are the McCorkle's and are so good with the kids. They also have a little boy on the team...the same little boy Emma saw at school. :) This past Saturday they had their first game. I was at Time Out For Women and wasn't able to be there, but Daddy took her and Tanner was there too! Ivan said she was put in the game after half time and was basically a statue on the field, until she started crying. Poor thing. She really has a hard time with that much attention and pressure on her. I think this will be a really good thing for her and I am sure she will do better at the next game, now that she knows what to expect. She had pictures taken today at soccer and I was sad that I didn't have my camera to get a picture of how cute she was...which is silly since I paid 15 bucks to have them take the pictures. haha I will post those pictures when we get them back. For now you will just have to look at these we have taken so far. I am glad that Emma is in soccer and that she is having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!